Milan is officially one of the best destination in Europe 2016. Each year, European Best Destinations® launch a poll and voters choose their favourite European destination for a holiday or city break. If you have not yet visited Milan, why not make 2016 the year you discover what so many people love about this vibrant Italian city?
Why is Milan so popular?
The short answer to this is that Milan is popular because it has something for everyone. Milan is for you if you love:
- Home to the world famous opera house La Scala, Milan is a city of music, with concerts taking place across the city.
- Since the days of the Roman Empire, Milan has taken centre stage for events of national and international importance. Milan’s history can be seen throughout the city from ancient churches to historic house museums, like church of San Sepolcro and the magnificent Crypt of Leonardo located under the Church visitable for free with Milan City Pass, the Museum of Modern Art and the Museum of 900.
- From the spectacular gothic Duomo of Milan to the modern UniCredit building, Milan’s skyline displays the best of centuries of architecture.
- Galleries across Milan host important art collections from the Renaissance to Modern. Milan is also home to one of the world’s most famous paintings – Leonardo da Vinci’s The Last Supper in church of Santa Maria delle Grazie.
- Milan is famous around the world as a capital of fashion. You will find shops to suit all budgets.
- Milan has two internationally renowned football teams – AC Milan and Inter Milan. San Siro Stadium of Milan is the largest in Italy.
- Restaurants and cafés across Milan cater to all tastes and budgets. Dining in Milan in one of the historic squares is likely to be a highlight of any stay. Live the memorable experience to have a dinner on the top of Galleria Vittorio Emanuele at Ristorante I 12 Gatti, get now a free menu with MilanoCard.
A warm welcome for all
Another reason why Milan is so popular is the welcome it gives. At tourism points across the city, you will find people eager to help. Milan also offers the MilanoCard. This City Pass allows you to travel for free on public transport and gives free or discounted entry to many of Milan’s top attractions. Visit Milan in 2016 to see all this for yourself.
Quality, a must !
To improve your stay in Milan is now also available the Quality Specialist by MilanoCard, a new way to assist you and to improve your visit in Milan .