Fall Design Week of Milan: what it is and what you can’t lose, here the calendar 2016!
Don’t call it Autumn Fuorisalone. Here you can discover the Fall Design Week 2016 in 5 things you can’t lose.
1. Nine days dedicated to design, to insights and meetings on the 360-degree design culture
2. More than 200 dates from Brera to Lambrate, from the Municipal Marketof Viale Monza passing by Palazzo Morando and the Steam Factory: exhibitions and installations created by over 25 of the leading providers of design architecture. Thanks to MilanoCard you can visit Palazzo Morando and the others civic museums of Milan. Click here and find more information.
3. The first edition of Fall Design Week tells an event sponsored by the City of Milan along with the reality that reaponded to the call of the administration. “It is the first edition of a format that we want propose strengthened and expanded in the coming years” says the Councillor for Policies for work, fashion and Cristina Tajani “It isn’t a second Fuorisalone, but of set system of ideas, proposals and projects developed by high-profile national and international operators within a schedule”.
4. The event takes place from 1st to 9th October 2016 in Milan.
5. Events not to be missed. After After Design City Milano, the format designes by Studio Labo (until 2nd October, at Mediateca of Santa Teresa):
- From 3rd to 9th October, in 20 showrooms and places of Brera Design District, all events are free and open to the public.
- IF! Italians Festival at Teatro Franco Parenti, The Festival of Comunità del Cambiamento di Rena a Base, Lambrate Fall Edition.
- Tuesday 4th October: the Museo of Novecento of Milano, in collaboration with the service system design at the Milan Politecnico, and in particular with the Master in Service Design organized by POLI.design – Consorzio of Politecnico di Milano, it promotes a working group open to the public on the emerging role of service design. An opportunity to reflect on the experience design creating a connection between public and private, service design and art.
- From 7th to 11th October, Palazzo Giureconsulti: ADI-Associazione for the Industrial Design, the most authoritative association in the world of Italian design, presents ADI Design index 2016 the protagonist of the exhibition are the best products of design of 2015: from furniture to transportation, tools for working with innovative materials, from personal items to the graphics. The products selected by about a hundred experts throughout Italy, are part of the pre-selection for the next Compasso d’Oro ADI, the most famous prize in the Italian design.
- Altagamma, the Foundation bringing together the best of the culture industry brand and creative Italian: Sfide e Visioni is dedicated to market scenarios and visions for the future of Italian design, in collaboration with the Corriere della Sera. Between the participants: Claudio Luti (Kartell and Fondazione Altagamma), Claudia D’Arpizio (Bain&Company), Antonio Citterio (Architect), Alberto Alessi (Alessi), Andrea Ciccoli (The Level Group/Wallpaper*), Roberto Gavazzi (Boffi), Andrea Ghizzoni (WeChat). Wednesday 5th October from 10.00 at Sala Buzzati in Via Balzan, 3.
- From 5th to 22nd October, Elle Decor Italia participates in the Fall Design Week with a free exhibition named “Elle Decor Grand Hotel” at Palazzo Morando. Installation, emotional experience signed by interior Patricia Urquiola and Piero Lissoni exploring the evolution of the concept of hospitality in the last years and the strong role of design.
- Alessi will propose, at its showroom in via Volta, a retrospective exhibition of his cult pieces now entered in the history of design Made in Italy.
- The evolution of the design, the porpose if Milano Makers to Books Import of via Maiocchi 11. la proposta di Milano Makers al Books Import di via Maiocchi 11. A dialogue between three different generations of women designers introduced by Cesare Castelli, Alberto Bassi, design historian, with the participation of three designers: Nanda Vigo, Maria Christina Hamel and Elena Salmistraro, women who represent three generations of Italian designers. Will address the issues related to the design autoproduzioni seen from a female perspective.
- From 6th to 8th October at Fabbrica del Vapore: the Festival of Milan Mountain. Edited by Laura Agnoletto, it will have a very important part dedicated to research and innovation on the theme of sporty design. An exhibition dedicated to sports equipment in production, while the project Vibram Factory will be an incubator dedicated to ideas and prototypes of equipment and technology for the mountains. Both exhibitions will see a major jury A. Meda president, R. Blumer, M. Sadler, S.Nani, M. Colonna e R. Fliri with M. Randone for the Factory that award Milan Mountain Design Awards.
- The Fall Design Week also rewards young people. Thanks to Confartigianato 6 youngs designer under 35, selected from 60 Italian and foreign, they will have the opportunity to see displayed their projects selection winners “Into the Light”. The award ceremony will be held at the Palazzo Reale on October 7th at 4.00 pm. On that occasion, in addition to the preview presentation of the 6 projects, Andrea Branzi and Manolo De Giorgi speak about of young, design and craftsmanship.
- NoLo Public Market, one of the Municipal Markets Covered most architecturally interesting, in viale Monza, 54. The installations proposed by Peppe Mazzeo, AARCH-MI and Studio Corsaro were made with recycled materials from the activities that enliven the market and a video tells the realization.
Thanks to Milanoincontemporanea – www.milanoincontemporanea.com
Click here and discover the calendar of other events in Milan, thanks our partner ExpoinCittà.