If you visit Milan with children you may be surprised by how much there is for them to do. The city has a wide variety of experiences that children will enjoy and you will find people always ready to make you and your family feel welcome.
Don’t forget to order a MilanoCard before you arrive to give you free travel on Milan public transport throughout the city. This city pass will also give you a range of other benefits especially aimed at families.
Five attractions for children
Some places that are particularly fun for children include
- At Mu.Ba. Milan’s museum for children you can enjoy a range of cultural, scientific and technological games and interactive activities aimed at children of all ages.
- WOW Spazio Fumetto is a comic museum. Find out about all your favourite comic characters from Micky mouse to the Avengers.
- Visit the rare freshwater and tropical fish found in Milan Civic aquarium.
- See the life-sized dinosaurs at the Natural History Museum.
- Take part in the interactive activities at the Leonardo Da Vinci National Museum of Science and Technology.
More traditional attractions
Just because you are visiting Milan with children does not mean you have to miss out on the attractions that you want to see. Children will love climbing the steps in the cathedral to see the stunning views or taking the lift in Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II to walk across the rooftops of the Highline Galleria.
You and your family may also all enjoy a boat trip on the ancient waterways of the Navigli Canals. And if you have any budding footballers in your party then you should definitely not miss the chance to see San Siro Stadium.
In need of a break?
If your children get tired from so much sightseeing you have the perfect excuse to relax in a cafe with a cold drink or a delicious Italian gelato.