What is the Aperitivo alla milanese? It s much more than a simply happy hour aperitif. Discover where to get the best ones in Milano
Milan is known throughout the world as the city of fashion. But not only. It’s also famous thanks to its buzzing movida, made up of bars, clubs and pubs which light up every corner of the city from the late afternoon.
In this case speaking in terms of simple “aperitif” would be reducing: here, unlike that in the rest of Italy, the “happy hour” is the real protagonist.
Not only an accompaniment for cocktails , made up of few snacks and a little more, but rich buffets of delicacies ranging from pasta , to platters of sliced meats and cheeses, to notheworthy and more elaborate dishes.
Apericena or Aperitivo ? Where can i go to taste one?
For this very reason they often call it “apericena”, the latest trend halfway between appetizer and dinner.
Among the most well-known for their abundant and tasty buffet is :
- Roialto, simple and elegant and just a few steps from Corso Sempione,
- Hora Feliz in the city center;
- for happy hours with excellent price/quality ratio we recommend Frida , colorful and relaxing in the emerging Isola neighborhood ,
- lovers of fusion will surely find enjoyable Anadima, in Navigli neighborhood,
- Wasabi, with its sushi-aperitif in the historical district of Brera .
- Lacerba, in Porta Romana neighborhood, will not disappoint vintage addicted and special cocktails lovers, such as Nottingham Forest, well known for its very bizarre molecolar cocktails.
If fashionistas will get satisfied by Garibaldi area, while art/design addicted will surely visit Tortona neighborhood, the ones looking for something really different cannot miss the blind aperitif at CafeNoir, accompanied and served by the blinds of the Institute for Blinds of Milan.
Finally, if you’re looking for spectacular locations – especially in spring and summer – I chiostri di San Barnaba, placed into a fourteenth-century cloister , are absolutely worth mentioning. Even more, Terrazza Aperol , an amazing terrace from where you can enjoy the famous namesake drink and a breathtaking view on Piazza Duomo. In this case, don’t forget to show your MilanoCard to take advantage of a 10% reduction on the bill!