Things to do in Milan in April
Find here updated guide about top things to do in Milan on April
If you are planning a visit to Milan in the next month, you may be looking for things to do in the city in April, which is a wonderful time to visit Milan. The weather will be warming up, making it possible to enjoy a coffee or ice cream in one of the city’s squares, but not yet so hot as to make it uncomfortable as you travel from one attraction to the next. Make sure you buy a MilanoCard to enjoy free public transport and discounts on Milan attractions during your stay.
Five special events in April
- The 2nd of April is International Pillow Fight Day, and Milan joins in with gusto! From 2.30 pm participants, many dressed in pyjamas, will gather at the Arco della Pace, their pillows in their hands ready for the battle to commence!
- Also on the 2nd of April is the start of the XXI Milan Triennale. Over the next six months, there will be a series of exhibitions, workshops, performances and lectures at locations across the city, including The Triennale of Milan, where you are entitled to a reduced ticket with your Milan City Pass.
- The 3rd of April is Milan Marathon. At 9.30am, participants will start their 43 km run from the gates of Porta Venezia on a route that will take them past many of Milan’s major landmarks.
- On the 10th April, it is well worth a visit to the Navigli district, which will be in full bloom for the Mercato dei Fiori.
- 12th – 17th April is Milan Design Week. A series of events will take place at locations throughout the city, celebrating the best of Italian design. The week incorporates Salone del Mobile, the renowned furniture fair that includes more than 2000 exhibitors, and Fuorisalone, where the design districts of Milan showcase their talents.
So don’t lose your time, run to book your hotel in Milan and the Milan City Pass in order to enjoy Milan saving money and time!