With summer coming to Milan, many visitors will be arriving in the next month and may be wondering what to do in Milan in June. The early summer is a glorious time to visit Milan, so you can make the most of the outdoor cafés in the piazzas, and it will be warm enough to dine al fresco at night. Whatever else you plan to do in Milan in June, don’t forget to buy a MilanoCard. With this city pass you can travel for free on Milan public transport to all the sights you want to see and can get discounted or even free entry to many top attractions.
Special events in June
- On 27th May, the former EXPO site of Milan will be reopening, starting a series of events on food and sport that will run until 30th September. On Saturdays in June, visitors can enjoy free concerts designed especially for children. Also during June, the open air theatre will be displaying football matches on a big screen.
- 8th June sees the start of a programme of live concerts in Piazza Duomo of Milan, kicking off with Radio Italia Live.
- 18th to 21st June is Men’s Fashion Week. Fashion editors, designers and models alike will flock to Milan. If you do not have tickets to see any of the shows, the event is streamed live on the official website.
- 18th to 25th June is Milano Pride 2016. Milan has a wide variety of LGBT-friendly clubs, but during Milano Pride a programme of sporting, political, cultural and entertainment events will culminate in the traditional parade for civil rights on 25th June.
- Discover the new event “The night of the lights” at Highline Galleria with your MilanoCard! Save 40% off, for MilanoCard holders ticket costs 12€ instead 20€. [/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
Whatever your plans for Milan in June, don’t forget your passport if you are arriving from outside of Italy, your EHIC card if you are coming from elsewhere in the EU and travel insurance. Buy your MilanoCard before you travel to Milan so that it can be ready to pick up at the Milan airport or station of your arrival.
This post is also available in: German