Where to eat in Milan the typical Milanese or Italian food? Every country has its own culture and traditions and the local food is one of the most important expressions of a country’s culture.
Then, visiting another city makes you discover a complete new world and tasting the local food will enrich your travel as well as your human experience.
Italy is world-renown for its gastronomic culture but did you know that Milan, as other cities in Italy, has its typical dishes and food traditions?
You can not leave Milan without having tasted one of them!
qualcosa sui cibi tipici
As regards the food experience you can make in Milan you must know that one of the famous local food of Milano is the panettone, a typical sweet usually eaten at Christmas holidays and the “risotto alla Milanese” (rice with saffron and meat).
Where to eat in Milano?
In Milan there is also the typical tradition of making the “aperitivo” (happy hour) after the working day, every Milanese citizen do it more than once a week and if you visit Milano but if you prefer to eat at restaurants we can suggest you the 10 best Milanese restaurants in town:
Top 10 place to eat in Milano
- Bagutta Restaurant a typical italian trattoria: www.bagutta.it/ris_eng/
- Viscontea Pastry shop, a beautiful pastry shop in the city center: www.visconteamilano.it/
- L’uovo di Colombo, an elegant place inside Hotel Cristoforo Colombo: www.worldhotelcristoforocolombo.com/it/ristoranti
- Pastry Shop Clivati, where you can eat some tasty sweets: www.pasticceriaclivati.com/pasticceria/negozio.aspx
- Trattoria Milanese, here you can taste the real local food: www.trattoriamilanese.com/
- Il Salotto, an elegant place where to eat well: www.il-salotto.it/
- Buongusto, restaurant with artisan laboratory: buongusto.eu/
- The Room, here you can find international food:www.theroomilano.com/
- Pizzeria Da Cecco, a nice pizzeria in Brera district: www.dacecco.com/
- Trattoria Testina Milano, where you can taste typical italian food: www.testina.eu/
all these place can be reached by public transportation
and Don’t forget the Aperitivo
If you visit Milano you can not miss the opportunity to live a typical milanese tradition: the Aperitivo alla Milanese! You can make the Aperitivo almost in every bar in Milan from late afternoon till the evening and you can find a great variety of food and good drinks.
Taste a free Handmande Panettone!
MilanoCard is the official and complete city pass that will put Milano totally in your hands and will let you live a great food experience because you will taste the typical milanese handmade panettone but also eat in over 450 restaurants that are at your disposal and bookable for FREE online with discounts of up to 70%.
Suggestion about eating out in Milan
You can also choose from a wide range of restaurants with special “prix fixed” menus of traditional Italian cuisine!
As a real city pass MilanoCard also offers you lot of other benefits such as free public transport, discounts in top Milan Museums and attractions, free medical assistance, dedicated services for families and discounts at hotels on high speed trains to visit other important Italian cities.
Here you can see our section dedicated to restaurants : http://www.milanocard.it/services-milanocard/restaurants-milan
Book Restaurants online and save up to 70%
With our high-tech booking system, reserve your table for free in real time, choosing from over 200 restaurants with special discounts of up to 70%.